My portfolio has been updated with a new code sample and some updated information. I also finished up the RPG dialogue system I’ve been working on. Not planning to release it immediately, as it’ll probably end up being used for something bigger. But there’s an example game here.
I also finished my XNA project for my uni course, but likewise, it’ll probably be built on so the source code is staying with me for now. A video of some of the features can be seen here though.
I’ve uploaded my new and improved portfolio, which I’ve been working on as part of my course. Check it: http://portfolio.hellfang.co.uk
I’ve just started my final year of university following my industrial placement and so I’ve recently taken on a number of new projects. Most importantly, my final year project, which will count for a significant part of my degree. I’ve chosen to create a simulation of water in Actionscript – a challenging project, but hopefully not impossible.
The only other project I’ve started (so far) is an XNA game, for a half year game development module. For this I’ve pulled out an idea I’ve been playing with for awhile (there’s even mention of it in one of my first blog entries) – a mech shooter. I’ve just started working on some initial sprites, which meant redoing the one I had done back in early 2010. There’s a comparison pic after the jump. Read More »
Finally, after a good year of spending most of my free time working on it, my latest flash game has been released. It’s based on the XNA game ‘SUDDENLY, ZOMBIES’ I made with 5 other people during my second year at uni, this version being renamed The Z-Word to avoid confusion. You can play it here. I really do like this game and I’m proud of a lot of the stuff in it, but it’s definitely not perfect. I’ll just talk now about where I think I went wrong, hopefully writing it out will help me understand my mistakes and improve with the next game I make.
Read More »
Ho there! I’ve spent the past few evenings working on my website, got rid of some crap and added cool things. The main one being ditching blogger and having a seperate blog page. I’ve integrated my homepage with wordpress now, which makes updating the front page much easier. I also made a little twitter dog with a custom twitter feed and moved some bits around.
You’ll also probably notice my new logo, it’s based on my old one but a little more professional I think. Official versions after the jump. Read More »
Here’s an updated version of my previous blog post on my XNA turned Flash game nicknamed “Zombies”. I’ve been thinking about the name alot recently and I’m sort of reluctant to go with anything that has zombies in it, there’s just way too many zombie games about (especially zombie flash games) and despite the nickname, Zombies actually isn’t just about zombies. There’s also a dog with an eyepatch. Read More »
Today is my 21st birthday, woo! Looking forward to hanging out with friends and family this evening, but first just thought I’d share something cool with you all.
Many of you are probably familiar with this ‘creepypasta’ story about a hacked Pokemon cart that someone supposedly found. Recently a guy named Reidd has been working on a playable version of the game and myself and a few others have been helping out with a few sprite edits here and there and the game is now finished and playable! Check it out here.
I definitely would recommend reading the story before playing the game, mainly so you don’t get stuck. If you’re not sure where to go, it would also be wise to refer back to the story too.
Here’s my LD18 entry
Here’s the non compo version, with music for funs
As with most of my games, it was programmed in Flash with AS2.0 and drawn in Photoshop, with sounds via SFXR. Breakdown after the jump. Read More »
Hey, quick update to those interested in my progress. Game going well, as far as I can remember, I have every feature from the prototype transferred, with significant improvements.
Some noteable differences:
-Enemies are solid, you cant walk through them any more
-As well as regular death animations, I have a dynamic gore and blood engine for a cool gibbing effect. Gore increases when you make a critical hit. There’s also a gore multiplier which I’ll have to find a use for (setting it to x1000 is hilarious, despite the considerable slowdown)
-Gore engine isn’t just for show either! Rather than use points or coins to exchange for skills and upgrades, you can pick up assorted viscera dynamically created by the gore engine to use as currency.
-2 extra enemies! (With more on the way)
-Attacks will hit just the closest enemy now (not all enemies) and you have to be facing an enemy to kill it. Adds some much needed difficulty to the game, original prototype could very easily be played without losing any health.
-Jumping! This will be an enormous part of this new version of the game. In fact, I am considering changing the name to “SUDDENLY, JUMPING” and releasing it right now.
-Unique jumping attacks for each weapon
-Ability to hold more than one of each type of item
-Destructible background pieces (destroy for bonus items!)
-Scaleable background objects
More after the jump. Read More »
Finished up my compo entry last night, was too tired to write a follow up post talking about my experience. If you want to play the game, the post below has the version created in the 48 hours. The other version has added music, just for fun, but I didn’t make the music myself.
Music-y version at my deviantart, if you are interested: http://hellfang.deviantart.com/art/Greed-171911878 Breakdown after the jump. Read More »